Outside Sales Executive
Do you have a passion for helping local businesses grow through effective advertising?
Are you looking for a company with growth opportunities, where you make a difference?
Do you want uncapped bonus potential where your first-year compensation is $50K+?*
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US!
Are you naturally curious with a strong drive to succeed?
Can you solve problems and create ideas that excite customers?
Do you have a desire to win in a Sales environment?
WE DEFINITELY WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
At the Idaho Press, our Media Sales Executives prospect for new business, build innovative cross-platform advertising solutions, execute effective marketing campaigns, and establish strong relationships and business partnerships in the community. All this, in one of the most enjoyable media environments in the Boise market.
Our Sales team reports to local leaders for guidance, support, professional development, and accountability. We are based in Nampa, ID with additional offices in Boise, Kuna, and Emmett, ID. Sales Executives collaborate with local team members and our digital marketing agency to leverage a media portfolio of print, digital, audio, video, mail, events, and out-of-home with results and reporting that cannot be matched by any other local company.
At the Idaho Press, we provide the tools and support for the mutual success – and growth – of our sales staff and clients alike.
- Identify and connect with qualified prospects to maintain a full pipeline.
- Lead with insights and engage prospects in business conversations.
- Uncover desired business results for each prospect/client.
- Present the best solutions based on the desired business results.
- Discuss expectations, measurement with prospects, and clients to ensure the proposed solution will deliver ROI.
- Create proposals to be presented to Sales leaders as well as existing and potential clients.
- Consult clients on all Idaho Press solutions, offerings, and demonstrate a deep understanding of product capabilities and KPIs.
- Accountable for learning and selling fully integrated advertising solutions utilizing our full suite of print, digital, audio, and video products.
- Responsible to meet and exceed all sales goals as they are outlined by sales leaders.
- Increase revenue through a balance of new business development and up-selling of current clients.
- Manage time well and be able to handle complex work.
- Maintain consistent self-motivation.
- Maintain high attention to detail.
- Manage, organize, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE…
- Sales experience required
- Experience in prospecting, creating, and developing business required
- Digital / Media Sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales goals required
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, high school graduate required
The Idaho Press is owned by Adams Publishing Group (APG), a private, family-owned media organization launched in 2013 and has become one of the fastest-growing media companies in the country. APG has operations in 20 states and the District of Columbia, consisting of 37 daily newspapers, 90 non-daily newspapers, an expansive digital services portfolio, and a number of other media-related businesses. APG’s vision is to be a financially stable, high-performing, merit-driven company that strives for excellence in everything it does, where “good” people want to be employed. “Good” is defined as those who are capable of, and engaged in, making the enterprise stronger and better every single day.
*Includes base salary, bonuses, and commissions based on goal performance.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.