Special Education Teacher
Baker School District 5J
Special Education Teacher
Notice of Position Opening: In/Out of District Date Open: April 29, 2022
POSITION INFORMATION Ï Baker School District is currently seeking a candidate for a 1.0 FTE Special Education teaching position at Brooklyn Primary School beginning August 22, 2022. Ï See video, “Celebrate Baker City”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuwH3rsTRdY · See “Teaching in Baker” Video: https://youtu.be/FqM7GeXATmI.
· Maintains an instructional area free from hazard to the health and safety of the students. Demonstrates, by performance, the ability to plan properly for the instructional process. Develops plans for the assessment of individual student abilities and achievement.
· Establishes and applies standards of student achievement which are based on educational research, administrative guidelines, community expectations, and the individual abilities of students.
· Develops and provides differentiated instruction which meets individualized student needs and maintains interests. Develops and implements individualized plans (IEP/504)
· Communicate effectively with students regarding their educational progress.
· Schedules IEP/student information meetings in a timely manner as prescribed by IDEA.
· Communicates effectively with parents, classroom teachers and other professionals regarding a child's educational and/or behavioral progress.
· Facilitate collaborative and inclusive IEP meetings to maximize participation.
· Seek the assistance of his/her supervisor or others in the building or government agencies when a student's behavior problem is beyond what can be handled reasonably in the Special Education/general education classroom. · Follow Covid-19 safety protocols established by the District.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· This position requires the candidate to hold, or be eligible to hold, an Oregon Teaching License through TSPC with the proper endorsement.
· The annual certified salary scale for the 2022-2023 school year is $37,920 - $71,881, for 1.0 FTE, depending on years of experience and level of education. Baker School District allows all teaching experience years within the U.S. (substitute years not included) and education to be used in placing the teacher on the salary schedule. Currently, teacher contracts are approximately 1547 hours.
· Baker School District 5J offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package with multiple choices available to employees. Benefits offered include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, long term care, tax-deferred retirement savings plans, and more. In addition, the District shall pay the six percent (6%) employee contribution (PERS) required by ORS 238.200 and ORS 238A.330.
· This position will begin at the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
· In District (Current Employee on Contract with the District) In order to be added to the applicant pool, apply through Frontline and upload a Letter of Interest and a current Resume.
· Out of District Apply through Frontline and upload a Letter of Interest, a current Resume, and three current Letters of Recommendation.
It is the district’s policy to provide veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law. During the application process, a veteran will need to submit the following:
· Copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215).
· OR Proof of receiving a non-service-connected pension from the US Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs.
· Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veterans disability preference letter.
· Open Until Filled. Baker School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, familial status, genetic information, disability, culture and/or financial status.