ELD Teacher / Secondary
Baker School District 5J
ELD Teacher / Secondary
Notice of Position Opening: In & Out of District Date Open: April 27, 2022
POSITION INFORMATION · Baker School District is currently seeking a candidate for a full-time ELD Teacher / Secondary at Baker High School beginning the 2022-2023 school year. · See video, “Celebrate Baker City”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuwH3rsTRdY · See “Teaching in Baker” Video: https://youtu.be/FqM7GeXATmI.
QUALIFICATIONS · This position requires the candidate to hold, or be eligible to hold an Oregon Teaching License with the proper endorsement. · Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred. · Knowledge of ELD issues and methodology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop the limited English proficient student's receptive and expressive oral language skills in his/her second language: English
· Develops the limited English proficient student's reading and writing skills in his/her second language: English.
· Administers qualifying language proficiency assessments to determine proficiency level for establishing ELD program placement and baseline for progress monitoring.
· Work with administration, specialists and classroom teachers to plan and implement an appropriate program/model (including collaborative co-teaching) for EL students to receive instruction in ELD and, where needed, in content and first language literacy.
· Assist in assigning and supervising EL support staff as needed to facilitate effective delivery of ELD supports and services.
· Administers formative and summative academic and language acquisition assessments to students for the purpose of progress monitoring and program evaluation.
· Maintain working and cumulative files, sending documents and reports to the HR Director/Student Services for district files and records.
· Participate in planning and implementing in-service and staff development for mainstream teachers and other staff to understand collective and individual needs of EL students and help develop strategies to accommodate those needs.
· Assist in arranging interpretation as needed for parents, students, conferences, and schools in enrolling and filling out forms for free and reduced lunch and needed transportation services.
· Develop EL student's awareness, understanding, and appreciation of their culture and that of others.
· Work collaboratively with teacher teams in adapting instruction for the second language learner in content classes and developing appropriate interventions.
· Work effectively with EL parents and inform them of ways that they can be involved in their children’s education.
· Work collaboratively and cooperatively with the Director of Federal Programs, in concert with the building principal, to carry out the required activities and expectations of the approved ELL Plan.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or designee.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Develop and maintain classroom environment conducive to effective, engaging and developmentally appropriate learning.
· Ability to assess and differentiate the learning needs of students, seeking the assistance of District specialists as needed.
· The annual certified salary scale for the 2022-2023 school year is $37,920 - $71,881, for 1.0 FTE, depending on years of experience and level of education. Baker School District allows all teaching experience years within the U.S. (substitute years not included) and education to be used in placing the teacher on the salary schedule. Currently, teacher contracts are approximately 1547 hours with a four-day work week. Certified staff report for approximately one Friday per month for meetings and PD activities.
· Baker School District 5J offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package with multiple choices available to employees. Benefits offered include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, long term care, tax-deferred retirement savings plans, and more. In addition, the District shall pay the six percent (6%) employee contribution (PERS) required by ORS 238.200 and ORS 238A.330. · This position will begin at the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
You must apply through Frontline at https://www.applitrack.com/Baker5J/onlineapp/ to be considered and added to the applicant pool. If you have any questions, please call Cathy Martin, Personnel Department, at 541-524-2260, Ext. 1004, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· In District (Current Employee on Contract with the District) In order to be added to the applicant pool, apply through Frontline and upload a Letter of Interest and a current Resume.
· Out of District Apply through Frontline and upload a Letter of Interest, a current Resume, and three current Letters of Recommendation.
It is the District’s policy to provide veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law. During the application process, a veteran will need to submit the following:
· Copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215).
· OR Proof of receiving a non-service connected pension from the US Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs.
· Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veterans disability preference letter.
CLOSING DATE · Open Until Filled. Baker School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, familial status, genetic information, disability, culture and/or financial status.