Ada County Highway District is accepting applications for a Traffic Technician in the Traffic Engineering Department. This is a full-time non-exempt position with a starting wage of $14.74 - $16.94 per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· Under the supervision of a Traffic Coordinator, the primary duties of this position are to perform technical traffic data collection and analysis work using automated and manual methods.
· Conducts traffic observations, assists with pavement marking layout work, and places equipment to collect traffic data on the roadway.
· Duties of this position require an individual to work often in traffic and near construction equipment, as well as use an aerial bucket truck to place data collection equipment on signal or streetlight poles.
· The successful candidate must have good computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Must be able to follow complex instructions with minimal supervision. Basic math skills are also necessary.
· Experience in the set-up of traffic data collection equipment is desirable.
· Must be a team player in completion of duties and able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
· OR any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, may be acceptable.
· A valid Idaho driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations