Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for Survey Technician in the Engineering Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $16.00 - $18.40 per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The Survey Technician will perform entry-level technical work in field surveying, development and maintenance of engineering projects.
· Under supervision, the Survey Technician will assist in property boundary surveys, topo surveys, construction staking, and cross-sectioning. This includes, but is not limited to, searching for property pins, survey monuments, setting appraisal stakes and lath for use in right of way acquisitions, set stakes and lath for construction of highway/road projects.
· The ideal candidate should have a basic knowledge of land survey techniques
· The candidate must be able to lift the equipment, weighing approximately 50 lbs. and occasionally 100 lbs. · The candidate must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
· Experience in survey work is preferred.
· The incumbent must be able to follow written and verbal directions and be able to work outdoors under adverse conditions.
· Must have a valid Idaho Driver's License.
· Any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities are acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations