Sr. General Equipment Operator - Grade Crew
Sr. General Equipment Operator- Grade Crew
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Senior General Equipment
Operator on the Ustick Grade Crew in our Maintenance division. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and starting wage is $23.50 - $27.00 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
• Under general supervision of the Crew Chief, the primary duty of this position is to perform skilled work and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment which includes dump truck, water truck, roller, loader,
chipper box, distributor, jackhammer, as well as winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
• The Sr. Equipment Operator will be assigned between crews depending on the maintenance needs of Cloverdale, Adams, and / or Ustick.
• The crew will repair and replace asphalt on the roadways, including potholes, trench repairs, shoulder repairs, chip sealing, crack sealing, and other road maintenance.
• Responding to winter operations and other emergencies is an essential function and may require the employee to work outside of normal work hours.
• Must have progressively responsible experience in the operation of a variety of specialized heavy construction and maintenance equipment.
• Requires the ability to put materials into grade, read grade and slope stakes, use lasers or instruments to set grade stakes, excavate accurately using cut stakes and survey markers, lay pipe to grade according to blueprints or plans, and figure correct percentage of slope without plans. Knowledge of chip sealing, crack sealing, and other road maintenance techniques is essential.
• The Sr. Equipment Operator must certify in three pieces of equipment used to build and maintain roadway and drainage such as backhoe, excavator, skid steer, distributor, chipper box, screening plant, or grader.
• Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
• Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30pm on
March 24, 2023. Applications will be reviewed periodically.
Apply as soon as possible to ensure you will be considered for this position. This job announcement will be closed if the position is filled prior to the closing date.
Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City ID,
or on our website at
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations