Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Project Assistant in the Capital Projects Department. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $19.62 - $22.55 per hour / DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid parental leave, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The Project Assistant serves as assistant to Project Managers (PM) during the scope, design, right of way acquisition, and construction of all capital projects and assists in the establishing and monitoring of projects controls systems.
· The Project Assistant aids in establishing baseline schedules using the District’s project management software, confirms accurate data transfer of files through/in SHAREPOINT, and confirms project costs from the District’s accounting software.
· The incumbent will help Capital Projects staff ensure project quality and consistency, conformance with management objectives, effective and retrievable documentation, and dissemination of timely information to help manage and improve the delivery of capital projects; and to support information requests as needed for changed conditions, claims analysis, or public requests.
· The incumbent will track and report monthly and annual metrics for the Capital Projects Department.
· Must have a strong comprehensive knowledge of computer operation, financial and business spreadsheet applications, database programs, Microsoft PROJECT and Microsoft Project Web App or other project management software.
· The incumbent must have good knowledge of project management principles & practices; electronic file transfer methods, and basic record retention and general filing practices; some knowledge of general civil engineering, right of way acquisition and construction management practices as they relate to the principles of highway and bridge construction.
· A standard high school diploma is required, preferably supplemented with some college-level courses in engineering, construction or a related field.
· Or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations