Outreach Specialist – Commuteride
Applications are now being accepted for an Outreach Specialist at Ada County Highway District’s Commuteride in the Boise, Idaho area. This position is full-time, non-exempt, with a starting wage of $19.40 – $22.30 per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, paid parental leave, daycare assistance, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The Outreach Specialist supports the development and implementation of community and employer outreach programs to increase the use of transportation options. This position works independently to contact and build relationships with employers, agencies, and organizations to promote, design, coordinate, and monitor alternative transportation programs in support of Commuteride initiatives. This position focuses on encouraging businesses to develop and implement commute programs, including rideshare solutions, to reduce single-occupancy vehicle trips in the Treasure Valley. The position is part of the Commuteride Department, which manages a multicounty vanpool program along with employer and commuter outreach programs.
· Knowledge of employer-based Transportation Demand Management (TDM) policies, benefits, and programs to promote commute options, as well as stakeholder facilitation techniques, basic transportation planning practices, and marketing principles.
· Graphic design and related software knowledge; experience in content development and managing social media communications.
· The successful candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and can produce professionally written work. Experience designing and managing projects is desired.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with customer relationship management platforms preferred.
· Ability to conduct presentations before various types and sizes of groups and establish and maintain effective relationships with area employer representatives, employees, and the general public. · Knowledge of community / public outreach best practices; experience conducting public outreach and coordinating events.
· College degree with emphasis in public relations, marketing, planning, or transportation; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, is acceptable.
· Ability to obtain an Idaho Driver’s License within 14 days of employment.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations