Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for the position of Mechanic in the Maintenance Department.
Starting wage is $19.62 - $22.55 per hour / DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The primary duties of this position are to perform journeyman level maintenance and repair of vehicle and construction equipment.
· During winter operations, the incumbent must be available respond to emergency call out, as required on a 24-hour basis.
· Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools and standard practices of the automotive mechanic’s trade. Knowledge of heavy-duty construction equipment maintenance including hydraulics and diesel engines a must. Experience with auto electrical system diagnosis and repair required. Some knowledge of welding and mobile air conditioning experience is a plus.
· The incumbent must supply his/her own tools and be willing to work varied shifts. A valid Idaho driver’s license is required. Class A CDL is desired.
· OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations