Applications are now being accepted for a Legal Assistant in the Legal Department. Starting wage is $19.62- $22.55 per hour/ DOQ ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
• The Legal Assistant performs a variety of administrative legal support, technical and accounting duties to assist with the administration of the District’s legal function.
• The successful candidate must have considerable experience using Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of legal terminology, contractual and pleading legal documents, and legal filing systems, record keeping and retention and report generation. Real Estate knowledge/background is desirable.
• The incumbent must have experience reviewing and preparing purchase orders, invoices, letters, legal opinions and legal documents.
• Excellent communication skills are required and a demonstrated ability to handle the public and other employees under difficult circumstances.
• The incumbent must be able to coordinate work among divisions, departments and outside organizations/law firms to complete projects and reports for the Commission and the public.
• Experience in legal assistant work; college degree or completion of a paralegal or legal assistant school training is desirable; college course to supplement training is also desirable, or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations