Leadworker – Grade Crew
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Leadworker on the Grade Crew for our Ustick Maintenance Team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $21.58 - $24.81 per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, paid vacation and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· Under general supervision of the Crew Chief, the Leadworker will perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance functions such as chipsealing, fog sealing, crack sealing, asphalt paving/patching, gravel roadway and alley grading, and shoulder/borrow ditch maintenance.
· The Leadworker assists with the direction of work for the crew and may act as Crew Chief in his absence.
· Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies is an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
· The Leadworker will be required to be on an “on-call” rotation year around.
· Applicants must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently in directing a crew to accomplish ACHD maintenance activities.
· Applicants must have the ability to shoot grade and calculate anticipated materials needed for upcoming projects. The ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word as well as experience in job costing is preferred.
· The successful candidate should have previous supervisory experience in roadway construction and maintenance.
· Must have the ability to operate all the equipment associated with the performance of assigned tasks. Experience operating a Dump Truck with sander/anti-icing/salt and plow unit is a plus. · Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
· Any combination of education and experience, which demonstrates competence in the knowledge and abilities for the position, may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations