Leadworker – Broom Crew
We are now accepting applications for Leadworker on the Broom Crew on the Adams Broom Crew. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and starting wage $25.80 - $29.70 per hour or DOQ. This position is eligible for a Sign On Bonus. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid parental leave, paid vacation and holidays, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· Under general supervision, the Leadworker will perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance functions to accomplish the street sweeping functions of the crew.
· The Leadworker assists with the direction of work for the crew and may act as Crew Chief in his absence. The Leadworker is required to be on an “on-call” rotation year around.
· This Leadworker position oversees mechanical and vacuum street sweepers and several dump trucks and is responsible to operate water trucks.
· Applicants must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently in directing a crew to accomplish District maintenance activities and provide excellent customer service.
· Idaho Class “A” CDL is required. Tanker endorsement is required, but the incumbent will have up to 30 days to acquire the endorsement. Experience operating a Dump Truck with sander/anti-icing/salt and plow unit is a plus.
· Must be able to work nights; 12:00 midnight – 10:30 a.m., Tuesday – Friday.
· OR Any combination of education and experience, which demonstrates competence in the knowledge and abilities for the position, may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations