Human Resource Generalist

Ada County Highway District   Garden City, ID   Full-time     Human Resources
Posted on July 13, 2022
Apply Now

Human Resource Generalist

Applications are now being accepted for the position of Human Resource (HR) Generalist in the Human Resources Department. This is an exempt position with a starting wage of: $58,739 to $70,470 annually/DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, daycare assistance, 401K match, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).

Primary Responsibilities: · Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Human Resources the HR Generalist is responsible for the administration of various human resource programs for the District including recruitment, employee benefit programs, classification and compensation system, HRIS programs, and policy development and implementation. · The HR Generalist will develop and monitor various tracking and reporting to provide measurement of human resource programs, assist in the handling of employee relations issues and District wide training efforts.

Qualifications: · The successful candidate will have considerable knowledge of local, state, and federal laws relating to employment practices, principles and practices of human resources, as well as employee and public relations. Human Resource certification as a SHRM-CP and/or PHR is desired. · Good knowledge of compensation and benefit administration and organizational and policy development is necessary along with excellent communication skills both orally and in writing. · Considerable experience in Human Resource administration supplemented by specialized training related to human resources or graduation from college or university with emphasis in human resources is desired. OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.

An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations