General Equipment Operator
General Equipment Operator – Rover
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator (GEO) - Rover. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Starting wage of $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ. This position is eligible for a Sign-on Bonus! ACHD offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· This GEO position works with the Paint Crew and Grade Crew. Time will be split between these crews during the year.
· The GEO will operate various paint vehicles and equipment to mark roadways. Markings include striping, crosswalks, arrows, bike lanes, raised pavement markers, etc. Will also assist in paint-related duties, such as maintaining and cleaning the equipment, keeping daily logs, setting up traffic control and work zone safety, and monitoring of seasonal help.
· May also perform maintenance on roadways including crack sealing, patching, potholes, trench repairs, shoulder repairs, and other road maintenance and asphalt techniques.
· Operates light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment which may include dump truck, water truck, street sweeper, roller, front-end loader, jackhammer, and winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
· Early morning painting and winter operations are essential functions and will require the employee to work outside of normal work hours during peak seasons.
· Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If the license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Tanker endorsement is required within 30 days of the start of employment.
· Knowledge of road markings, asphalt processes, crack seal, and other road maintenance techniques is preferred as well as experience driving CDL vehicles and operating road construction equipment.
· Any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations