General Equipment Operator-Broom Crew
General Equipment Operator- Broom Crew
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator on the Broom Crew. This position is scheduled Tuesday – Friday 12:00am to 10:30am. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and starting wage is $21.30 - $24.50 per hour/ DOQ. This position is eligible for a Sign On Bonus. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
Primary Responsibilities: · Under general supervision of the Broom Crew Chief, the primary duty of this position is to operate a street sweeper and 10-wheel dump truck.
· Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies is an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
· Must have a current Idaho Class “A” CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
· Experience operating a 10-wheel dump truck or similar type of truck is required, and experience in operating a sweeper is preferred.
· Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
· Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.