Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Facilities Coordinator to join our Facilities team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting pay range $23.74 - $27.29 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid parental leave, paid vacation and holidays, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The incumbent is responsible for the facilities personnel and coordinates the facility activities involving procurement, oversight of contractors, equipment replacement schedules, and disposal procedures.
· Oversees contract maintenance activities to ensure timely and quality work; prioritizes work order requests, performs routine maintenance services and evaluates and selects contractors.
· The incumbent also maintains a computerized facility maintenance system to include data input and routine maintenance scheduling.
· Subject to call out to respond, as needed, for emergencies that may arise any time during the 24-hour day.
· The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of Facilities maintenance practices involving multiple sites, construction and/or construction management practices, and security monitoring and access systems.
· The incumbent must have an understanding of commercial HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and construction techniques, permitting for construction and remodel of facilities, and computerized facilities maintenance systems and databases.
· Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to working closely with District staff and vendors.
· The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
· A valid Idaho Drivers license is required. Experience in facilities maintenance, construction and or/construction management supplemented by college-based courses in construction management or a related field; Certified Facilities Manage Professional (FMP) preferred OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations