Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for an Engineering Technician in the Development Services Department.
Starting wage is $25.80 - $29.70 hourly, DOQ. This position is eligible for a Sign On Bonus. This position includes an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, paid parental leave, daycare assistance, 401K match and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The Engineering Technician reviews construction plans and conducts entry-level field investigations of proposed development projects.
· The incumbent performs reviews of street improvement plans and storm drainage plans and calculations for small development projects and provides oral and written communication of results.
· The ability to read civil plans is required. A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or a related field is a plus. Previous development review experience is preferred, but not required.
· The position requires a working knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply policies and standards to documents and plans.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu or other plan review and/or mapping software is a plus. A valid Idaho driver’s license is required.
· Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.